Plan Your Visit
While visiting our Children’s Garden, please:
- Stay with your children at all times.
- Climb on play structures only, not on living trees.
- Respect and care for plants and animals.
- Deposit all trash in the bins provided.
- Do not smoke. The Morton Arboretum is a tobacco-free environment. Smoking and tobacco use (including smokeless cigarettes) is not allowed indoors or outdoors within the Arboretum.
- Leave, pets, bicycles, alcohol, grills, and active sports at home.
Picnicking and facilities
The Children’s Garden picnic area is open to all guests unless reserved for a special program or event. Carryout lunches, boxed water, and other beverages are available at the Ginkgo Café in the Visitor Center. You may also bring your own food. Alcohol is prohibited in the Children’s Garden.
Especially on hot days, we advise drinking plenty of water. Restrooms are located in Central Plaza, near the Children’s Garden picnic area.
First aid and security
Volunteers and staff are available throughout the Garden to assist you and provide first aid, if necessary.