Spend a magical fall morning running or walking through a scenic course with trees just at the cusp of their full autumnal color change. You’ll experience a unique course with rolling terrain along the Arboretum’s East Side, perfect for participants of all levels to help kick off the Fall Color Festival.
Please note that while regular registration is still open, registration for the Virtual 5K has ended.
Once you’ve conquered the course, stay for a postrace party with live music, food, and a complimentary beer!
Your ticket purchase helps support the Arboretum’s mission to plant and protect trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
- USATF Certified Course (IL6002NM)
- Course is entirely contained within the East Side of the Arboretum
- Commemorative T-shirt
- Free admission on race day to explore 1,700 acres, including the award-winning Children’s Garden
- Awards for the top overall male, female winner, and nonbinary winners, plus top three male, female winner, and nonbinary winners in each age division
- Race results will be shared with Athlinks
How does it work?
- Pick up your race bib and T-shirt at Dick Pond Athletics in Lisle from Friday, September 29, through Friday, October 6, during regular store hours, Friday, September 27 through Friday, October 6. If this free in-person, packet pickup option does not work for you, there are two options available for an additional fee of $10. There is no free packet pick-up on-site during race day. Dick Pond Athletics is located at 2775 Maple Ave, Lisle, IL.
- Run or walk the 5K course on the spacious, vehicle-free East Side roads.
- Cross the finish line, pick up a Boxed Water, enjoy the post race party and then scan the QR code on your race bib to view your results.
- Enjoy the rest of the day exploring the Arboretum.