Thank you to all who participated in the 2023 Champion of Trees 10K! It was a great day for 1,000 runners and walkers, who enjoyed one of Chicago’s most picturesque 10K courses on a beautiful spring morning. Racers can access their results here. For runners interested in more races at The Morton Arboretum, register for the Fall Color 5K Run and Walk.
The fourteenth annual Champion of Trees 10K is scheduled for April, 2024. Run or walk through a unique course with rolling terrain along the Arboretum’s East Side, gliding past trees from around the world just as they’re starting to bloom for spring.
Once you’ve conquered the course, stay for a post-race party afterwards with live music, food, and a complimentary beer!
Your ticket purchase helps support the Arboretum’s mission to plant and protect trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
How does it work?
- Pick up your race bib and t-shirt at Dick Pond Athletics in Lisle. If our free in-person, packet pick-up option does not work for you, we have two options available for an additional fee of $10. There is no free packet pick-up on-site during race day.
- Run or walk the 10K course on the spacious, vehicle-free East Side roads. View the course map.
- Cross the finish line, pick up a Boxed Water, enjoy the post-race party and then scan the QR code on your race bib to view your results.
- Enjoy the rest of the day exploring the Arboretum.
- USATF Certified Course (IL6002NM)
- Course is entirely contained within the East side of the arboretum
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Free admission on race day to explore 1,700 acres, including the award-winning Children’s Garden
- Awards for top overall male and female winner/plus top three male and female winners in each age division
- Race results will be shared via Athlinks