Thank you to all who participated in the 2023 Champion of Trees 10K! It was a great day for 1,000 runners and walkers who enjoyed the race. Racers can access their results here. For runners interested in more races at The Morton Arboretum, register for the Fall Color 5K Run and Walk.
Spend a beautiful spring morning running or walking through one of the most picturesque 10K courses in Chicago. You’ll experience a unique course with rolling terrain along the Arboretum’s East Side as you glide past trees from around the world, just as they’re starting to bloom for spring.
Once you’ve conquered the course, stay for a post-race party afterwards with live music, food, and a complimentary beer!
Your ticket purchase helps support the Arboretum’s mission to plant and protect trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
How does it work?
- Pick up your race bib and t-shirt at Dick Pond Athletics in Lisle during regular store hours, April 14 through 21. If our free in-person, packet pick-up option does not work for you, we have two options available for an additional fee of $10. There is no free packet pick-up on-site during race day.
- Run or walk the 10K course on the spacious, vehicle-free East Side roads. View the course map.
- Cross the finish line, pick up a Boxed Water, enjoy the post-race party and then scan the QR code on your race bib to view your results.
- Enjoy the rest of the day exploring the Arboretum.
- USATF Certified Course (IL6002NM)
- Course is entirely contained within the East side of the arboretum
- Commemorative t-shirt
- Free admission on race day to explore 1,700 acres, including the award-winning Children’s Garden
- Awards for top overall male and female winner/plus top three male and female winners in each age division
- Race results will be shared with Athlinks
After the race, join the fun at our post-race party in Arbor Court. Enjoy live music provided by Mike + Traci and celebrate your race with a post-race beer.
New this year: Both an alcoholic beer option, provided by Bubblehouse House Brewing in Lisle, and a non-alcoholic option, provided by Go Brewing located in Naperville, will be available.
Couch to 10K
Not sure you’re ready for a 10K? You can follow our four-week plan to prepare yourself for the course. This simple guide can help even the most novice runners tackle the 10K. Whether you are trying to dominate the course, or just complete it, this guide can act as a solid starting point for your training.
How does it work?
- Register for the Virtual Champion of Trees 10K Run and Walk.
- Pick up your race bib and T-shirt at Dick Pond Athletics in Lisle during packet pickup dates or it will be mailed to those that select that option during registration.
- Run a 10K anywhere at any time; be sure to time yourself. Please note that Virtual 10K participants are not eligible for awards.
What’s included with the Virtual 10K registration cost?
- Tri-blend unisex Bella+Canvas t-shirt
- A race bib
- Separate result page for virtual participants
- A free timed-entry pass to run at The Morton Arboretum to use between April 14 and April 22, 2023.
Can I run my Virtual 10K at the Arboretum?
Yes, you can run the Virtual 10K at the Arboretum, but you must reserve a timed-entry pass or ticket prior to visiting.
Members can reserve their free, timed-entry pass on the Arboretum’s ticket website. Guests will receive an email in April with instructions for reserving a free timed-entry pass for the Virtual 10K that can be used from April 14-April 22, 2023.
Please note, if you choose the Virtual 10K you will not be able to run or walk on the East Side roads during the scheduled on-site Champion of Trees 10K Run and Walk. Running is not permitted on any trails at the Arboretum, and runners must stay on the roads. Runners or walkers are encouraged to go the opposite direction of vehicles and stay on the right side of the road.