Move beyond shooting in automatic and learn to use your digital SLR camera to capture beautiful nature images. This five-session course includes three live, online sessions and two in-person field sessions on the grounds of The Morton Arboretum.
Participate in live, interactive sessions with your instructor and fellow students from the comfort of your home, where you’ll
- Learn how to adjust your camera’s manual settings to get the shot you want.
- Learn basic composition and editing techniques.
- Learn how to read and adjust to different types of light conditions.
- Get personalized feedback through supportive critique sessions.
You’ll also practice new skills and concepts with the support of your instructor during two field sessions. This is your chance to
- experiment with your camera settings in an inspiring natural setting.
- get on-the-spot direction and feedback from a professional photographer.
Program participants must abide by the Arboretum’s safety guidelines.