Move beyond shooting in automatic and learn techniques for taking nature images with a digital SLR camera. This four-session course includes both classroom and field sessions on the grounds of The Morton Arboretum.
Participate in interactive sessions with your instructor and fellow students where you will
- learn how to adjust your camera’s manual settings to get the shot you want,
- learn basic composition and editing techniques,
- learn how to read and adjust to different types of light conditions, and
- get personalized feedback through supportive critique sessions.
You’ll also practice new skills and concepts with the support of your instructor during two field sessions. This is your chance to
- experiment with your camera settings in an inspiring natural setting, and
- get on-the-spot direction and feedback from a professional photographer.
This program meets in person at The Morton Arboretum.
Instructor: Cora Jacobs, nature photographer
Health and Safety: Program participants must abide by the Arboretum’s health and safety guidelines. Guidelines are subject to change, so please check back frequently.
Age: 16 and older