Learn to identify and manage the most common invasive plants in the Great Lakes region. Managing invasive plants is one of the most common restoration tasks. In this class you’ll:
- Learn to identify the characteristics of common invasive plants.
- Describe their impacts on the landscape.
- Discuss invasive plant ecology.
- Learn which control methods are best suited to each plant.
In this online class, the self-guided material can be completed anytime, wherever you have access to a computer, at your own pace.
How self-paced online classes work:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from email@example.com upon registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The online materials do not need to be completed in one sitting.
- There will not be an instructor online with you.