Nature Play for All
Visit the Children’s Garden to play, wonder, and explore nature through accessible activities. Organized in collaboration with SEASPAR – the South East Association for Special Parks and Recreation.
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or if we can provide accommodations. You may also visit the Children’s Garden Access and Inclusion page for information on sensory bags, social stories, and other resources.
This event is included with Arboretum admission. A member or guest who requires the help of a companion (whether paid or unpaid) in order to visit, may reserve one complimentary admission for their companion when placing their own paid ticket reservation.
- Paint with Nature: Use natural materials to paint a masterpiece.
- Plant a Seed: Play with soil and plant a sunflower seed to take home.
- Make a Nest: Learn about bird nests and use clay to make your own.
In the Backyard Discovery Gardens Workshops:
- Nature Storytime: Take in a nature-themed story in English and American Sign Language in a quieter area of the garden. At 11:30 a.m.,12:30 p.m., and 1:30 p.m.
- Toys from Trees: Build with logs and play with other toys made from wood.
At Wonder Pond:
- Pond Life: Investigate the tiny inhabitants of Wonder Pond under a magnifier.
Sink or Float: Make predictions about whether natural objects will sink or float.
In Adventure Woods:
- Paint Chip Art: Take a mindful look at the colors of summer in a quieter area of the garden.
- Natural Loom: Weave with grasses, willow branches, and other natural materials.
Conifer Trail (just outside the Children’s Garden):
- Sensory Hikes: Use all of your senses to discover what’s around you. Hikes depart at 11:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., and 1:00 p.m. Limited capacity; sign up anytime at the Children’s Garden entrance.