Celebrate the first day of summer with a guided hike along the Arboretum’s trails. Visit natural areas, take in spectacular trees, and fill your lungs with fresh air as you explore the many ways we are connected to nature and its cycles.
The summer solstice is the longest day of the year. During this guided walk, you will
- hear solstice stories,
- learn how daylight and darkness are important to nature’s cycles,
- identify plants, birds, and other wildlife along the trails, and
- consider our human role as being a part of nature rather than apart from it.
COVID-19 Precautions: Program participants must abide by the Arboretum’s safety guidelines.
Education Program Guides with The Morton Arboretum
- Held outdoors. Dress for the weather.
- Plan to walk more than one mile over uneven terrain.
- Limit 32