Throughout this three-week online course, Kasey Eaves, owner of Vivant Gardening Services, will teach new gardeners how to start their own vegetable gardens and equip gardeners with the knowledge needed to successfully grow vegetables at home. By the end of the course, participants will know what to do to plant and care for an edible garden.
In this interactive online course, participants will learn how to:
- choose the right spot for a new garden,
- prepare the space so it’s ready for planting,
- choose the best time of year to start a vegetable garden,
- choose easy-to-grow plants that are best suited for their space, skills, and tastes,
- care for plants throughout the year, and
- identify and solve common problems such as those caused by pests, over- or underwatering, lighting, and soil issues.
Open to new gardeners, wannabe gardeners, and seasoned green thumbs alike, this overview of the home kitchen garden will leave you excited for summer’s bounty and ready to plant!
This program takes place on Zoom. Sessions will be recorded.
Instructor: Kasey Eaves, horticulturist, Vivant Gardens, Inc.
Age: 16 and older
Course number: H069