Learn the basic principles of garden design and create a design for your space in this introductory-level class at The Morton Arboretum. With a mix of lecture and workshop time, you will:
- learn garden design terminology.
- analyze the characteristics of a well-designed garden, including how to group plants aesthetically based on plant size, form, color, and bloom time.
- explore a variety of garden styles.
- build environmental sustainability into your design.
- create an inventory of your property, perform a garden style analysis, and generate a plant list.
- create your own design drawing for a section of your garden.
This program meets in person at the Arboretum.
Instructor: Heather Prince, horticulturist
Age: 16 and older
Course number: H200