After the first classroom session, the class will meet outdoors at The Morton Arboretum and other sites for the remaining weeks, visiting different habitats around the area. Participants will
- learn to identify resident and migratory birds using bird calls
- learn to see key field marks for identification
- learn what behavioral clues to watch for to help in identification
- discuss feather arrangement and physical topography
- review daily checklists from the prior field days and
- meet fellow birders.
This program meets in person at the Arboretum and other sites of interest.
Instructor: Denis Kania
Age: 16 and older