Learn to call plants by their botanical names. In this online class, you will learn:
- the limitations of using the common names of plants;
- the importance of the scientific names of plants;
- why botanical names are useful and important;
- tips and tricks for pronunciation of scientific names, and;
- the botanical names for 40 common native plant species in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and the Great Lakes Region.
In this online class, the self-guided material can be completed anytime, wherever you have access to a computer, at your own pace.
How Online Learning Works:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from email@example.com upon registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately two hours. The online materials do not need to be completed in one sitting.
- There will not be an instructor online with you.