Learn to call plants by their botanical names. In this online class, botanist Chris Benda will:
- demystify the scientific naming of plants,
- explain why these naming conventions are useful and important,
- share tips and tricks for pronunciation, and
- teach botanical names for 40 common plant species that are native to the Great Lakes Region.
In this online class, the self-guided material can be completed anytime, wherever you have access to a computer, at your own pace.
How Online Learning Works:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from email@example.com upon registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately two hours. The online materials do not need to be completed in one sitting.
- There will not be an instructor online with you.