Science and Conservation projects address the key challenges facing trees and plants:
- Understanding evolution, distributions, and taxonomy.
- Resilience and adaptation to pests, pathogens, land use, and climate change.
- Expanding knowledge and protection of genetic and species diversity in collections and in place.
- Sustaining habitats, ecosystem processes, and ecosystem services.
- Improving performance of trees and plants as green infrastructure to improve the health and beauty of cities and towns.
- Development of engineering tools, databases, biological archives, research platforms, and new study methods.
- Public awareness of the diversity, function, and value of trees for nature and society.