The Morton Arboretum is a private, nonprofit organization dedicated to the planting and conservation of trees, with 1,700 acres of managed tree and shrub collections, gardens, and natural areas to explore. We welcome college and university students and professionals interested in learning with the Arboretum.
Associated Colleges of the Chicago Area Courses
Since 1983, The Morton Arboretum has partnered with the Associated Colleges of the Chicago Area (ACCA) to offer cooperative college classes in botany and environmental science. Currently, we offer three classes a year, one in the fall semester and two in the spring semester. Click to view our current offerings.
Questions about our college courses? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
College and University Field Trips
Interested in field study or career exploration on the grounds of the Arboretum? We welcome college and university learners interested in visiting the Arboretum as a group. Click here to request a trip.
Self-guided College Groups
- Available year-round for college groups
- Led by the instructor (no Arboretum staff present)
- Scheduled Monday – Friday during open hours
- Self-guided visits: $11 per student, $30 non-refundable registration fee
- Registration must be completed three weeks prior to the field trip date.
- Dates are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis, so early registration is strongly encouraged.
- Two instructors/teaching assistants are admitted free with every 8 students.
- There is a minimum of 8 students for group visits.
- Payment is due at least 48 hours before the date of your visit.
Fees Include Admission to the Arboretum for:
- All registered and attending students
- All registered and attending instructors/teaching assistants (two adults for every 8 students)
- Aides supporting learners with disabilities or state-required aides
Ready to schedule? Click here to request a field trip.
For more information contact the Education Registrar’s Office at email@example.com or call 630-719-2468 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Central time).
Participant and group leader headcount adjustments or program cancellations must be made by calling the Registrar at 630-719-2468 at least three weeks prior to a field trip. There are no refunds for adjustments or cancellations made less than three weeks prior to a field trip. The registration fee is non-refundable.
Payment is due at least 48 hours before the date of your visit. We are unable to provide refunds for absent participants. We reserve the right to cancel any program if payment is not received prior to a school’s or group’s visit. Programs are not canceled due to rain or inclement weather. If the weather seems severe, please call the Registrar’s office (630-719-2468) for program status.
Your visit to The Morton Arboretum is implied consent for the use of your likeness by the Arboretum without limit in any and all media, for any purpose.