Collections in the Library
The Sterling Morton Library is a community of collections, resources and able information navigators to support your exploration, research and discovery of plant knowledge. With collections mainly focused on botany, horticulture and related subjects, the library presents a wide range of resources from highly scientific works to general gardening guides to a robust children’s collection.
Search the library’s collections:
- Online: Search the SWAN catalog to discover the holdings of the Sterling Morton Library circulating, reference, and journal collections.
- In person: These materials can be viewed in person in the library’s reading room. The library is open to the public Tuesday through Saturday from 10:00 a.m. until 2:00 p.m. Please contact the library at 630-719-2429 or email@example.com for more information.
Borrow resources from the library’s circulating collection:
One of the benefits of membership at the Arboretum is borrowing privileges at the Sterling Morton Library. If you are a member and would like to register for a card, please complete this form to apply for borrowing privileges. And if you aren’t an Arboretum member, join now!
How to use your library card:
- Borrow books up to six books from the Sterling Morton Library for four weeks at a time.
- The books will automatically renew for an additional four weeks if there isn’t a hold on an item.
- Use your card to gain access to thousands of botanical and horticultural eBooks through the eBook Collection.