Members enjoy a morning of community, connectivity, and spirited discussion.
Leafing Through the Pages meets on the second Thursday of every month from 10:00 a.m. until noon. This group explores works of fiction and non-fiction relating to natural history, ecology, and gardens. Participants are encouraged to read each month’s selection prior to the gathering to fully share in the discussion.
- June 10, 2021 – Fletcher, Colin. The Man Who Walked Through Time: the Story of the First Trip Afoot Through the Grand Canyon, 1967.
- July 8, 2021 – Andrews, Bryce. Down from the Mountain: the Life and Death of a Grizzly Bear, 2019.
- August 12, 2021 – Kingsolver, Barbara. Unsheltered: a Novel, 2018.
- September 9, 2021 – Sibley, David. What It’s Like to Be a Bird: From Flying to Nesting, Eating to Singing-What Birds Are Doing, and Why, 2020.
- October 14, 2021 – Jahren, Hope. The Story of More: How We Got to Climate Change and Where to Go from Here, 2019.
- November 11, 2021 – Adams, Mark. Tip of the Iceberg: My 3,000-Mile Journey Around Wild Alaska, the Last Great American Frontier, 2019.
- December 9, 2021 – Berry, Wendell. The World-Ending Fire: the Essential Wendell Berry, 2017.