Experience the beauty of the Arboretum’s 1,700 acres on a guided tram tour. This one-hour ride winds you through the Arboretum’s woodlands, wetlands, and prairie while listening to a narrated tour.
Please note that tours can sell out in advance of departure times, especially on weekends. Ticket sales end ten minutes prior to tram departure. Tram tours are wheelchair accessible.
Tours for families with young children are also available through the Arboretum’s Drop-in Acorn Express Adventures.
- Tram tickets are available at the Information Desk in the Visitor Center for the day of your visit only (no advanced reservations accepted).
- Tickets cannot be purchased over the phone, online, or for another day.
- Ticket fees are per person and do not include admission to the Arboretum.
- Ticket fees only apply to the standard one-hour tours and not any of the Arboretum’s special topic tours (such as our Human+Nature tram tours), which have their own processes and pricing.
- Coupons or vouchers need to be exchanged at the Information Desk for a timed ticket before riders can board the tram.
- The Arboretum values the safety of its guests and reserves the right to cancel tram tours in the event of inclement weather.