Create a composition of the life cycle of a tree with visiting artist Besty Rogers-Knox. In this intermediate/advanced online workshop, you will explore key elements and principles of composition that can enhance and add interest to any piece of art. We will look at a variety of tree life cycle compositions to aid you in creating your own special piece. Choose a tree of your choice, and work in either graphite, watercolor, colored pencil, or any combination of these mediums. Step-by-step guidance, slide presentation, demonstrations and student critiques will be included over the course of three live, online sessions.
Find examples of Rogers-Knox’s life cycle work on her website.
How do I access the program?
- Your link to join the program will be included in the order summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy.
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
- Automatically generated captions will be displayed.
Supplies: Please have the following items ready for the first class:
- Bark, branch, leaves, fruit and any other information you can obtain from a tree of your choice
- Cheap pre-cut mat (interior dimension at least 8×10)
- Pad of highly transparent tracing paper – 11×14 (Recommended: Canson Tracing Foundation Series)
- Basic drawing pencils and eraser
- Basic supplies for your choice of medium (either graphite, colored pencils or watercolors)
- 12” ruler
This workshop is for the intermediate/advanced artist. Foundational drawing experience required.