Learn to identify and manage the most common invasive plants in Illinois, Wisconsin, Michigan, and other states in the Great Lakes region. Managing invasive plants is one of the most common restoration tasks. In this online training you will:
- learn to define what makes a species invasive;
- identify the characteristics of common invasive plants such as European buckthorn, garlic mustard, bush honeysuckle, and more;
- describe their impacts on the landscape;
- discuss invasive plant ecology, and;
- learn which invasive species management methods are best suited to each plant.
In this online class, the self-guided material can be completed anytime, wherever you have access to a computer, at your own pace.
How self-paced online classes work
To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from email@example.com upon registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The online materials do not need to be completed in one sitting.
There will not be an instructor online with you.