Improve your tomato-growing success with guidance from an Arboretum horticulturist. Nothing beats a homegrown tomato. Growing tomato plants requires an understanding of what they need to flourish and produce a bountiful harvest. In this class, students will learn what tomato plants need to thrive and how to achieve stellar results this growing season. Get tips on:
- understanding and selecting tomato varieties,
- starting seeds and hardening off seedlings,
- identifying what a healthy seedling looks like,
- transplanting and supporting tomato plants,
- avoiding pests and diseases, and
- feeding and harvesting.
This class is great for the beginning gardener who wants to start growing tomatoes for the first time, as well as more experienced gardeners who want to expand their skills and knowledge.
This program meets in person at the Arboretum.
Instructor: Kat Haberman, horticulturist, The Morton Arboretum
Age: 16 and older
Course number: H017