Learn to identify the common trees you see in local preserves or in your neighborhood in this self-guided online class from The Morton Arboretum. In this course, you will
- use characteristics such as leaves, bark, branches, flowers, and fruit to ID a tree.
- learn to use keys and field guides.
- see and understand your natural surroundings in a new way, from the comfort of your home or office.
How self-paced Online Classes Work:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants by email from firstname.lastname@example.org following registration. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Your instructor will not be online with you.