Your Support in 2022 Is Essential
The generosity of donors has never been more vital to the present and future of The Morton Arboretum. Throughout its history, philanthropic gifts have propelled the Arboretum in critical ways, supporting the growth of its 1,700 acres of tree-filled landscapes, advancing tree research, and championing trees locally, nationally, and globally.
Here are important details on how you can make your annual contribution to the Arboretum or renew your membership support in 2022.
Don’t wait! To qualify for a 2022 tax deduction, your contribution must be received in one of the following ways.
- Checks must be dated in December 2022, postmarked by Saturday, December 31, and received by January 5, 2023.
- Submitted online via credit card by 11:59 p.m. CST on December 31.
- Any contributions received on-site at the Visitor Center Membership Desk must be before 4:00 p.m. on December 31.
- Contributions received by the Arboretum as a wire transfer or ACH from your financial institution must be before 4:00 p.m. CST on December 30.
Give securities, stock, or mutual funds or contribute from a charitable gift fund: For assistance in making these contributions and for transfer details that can be shared with your financial institution, please contact any of the following team members:
- Jessica Anderson, major and planned giving officer, 630-725-2146
- Natalie Knight, director of campaigns and stewardship, 630-719-7976
- Kelly Nolan, director of major gifts, 630-725-2126
- Austin Thomas, major gifts associate, 630-725-2109
Support the Arboretum with a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from your IRA: If you are 70½ or older and have an IRA, consider making a gift from your IRA directly to The Morton Arboretum. A gift made directly from your IRA to the Arboretum not only fulfills your philanthropy goals, but may also satisfy your required minimum distribution–all without generating taxable income. Gifts to all charities combined may not exceed $100,000 per taxpayer for the year. Gifts must be made directly from the IRA to the Arboretum, postmarked by December 31, 2022, and received by January 5, 2023 to qualify for the 2022 calendar year. For more information, email us or call 630-725-2027.
Include the Arboretum in your estate plans: To learn how you can make the Arboretum part of your legacy, please email Jessica Anderson, major and planned giving officer, or call 630-725-2146.