Join a community of nature lovers and nurture your writing skills with a guided workshop designed to support and challenge you. This workshop includes four in-person sessions at the Arboretum in which you will:
- Complete writing prompts and exercises to develop your writing skills in class.
- Work on short assignments between classes to share in person.
- Dive into nature writing classics and see what makes them work.
- Give and receive constructive critiques that will build and strengthen your skills as a writer.
- Experiment with a variety of styles and techniques as you continue to develop your own voice.
- Ask questions, take risks, explore, and continue to develop your connection to nature in this fun and supportive, small-group environment.
The same qualities of good writing apply to everything from blogs to books. No matter your background or interest, join us, and become the writer you always dreamed you could be!
This interactive class is a way for those who have some foundational writing experience to further their development within a supportive community of fellow nature writers. Open to all levels, this class is great for those early in their nature writing journey as well as long-time writers.
This program meets in person at The Morton Arboretum.
Instructor: Cindy Crosby, author and naturalist
Age: 16 and older