Deepen your connection to nature and your writing skills in this online guided workshop from The Morton Arboretum. This interactive class is the next step for those who’ve completed the Foundations of Nature Writing (N095), or for those with some foundational writing experience looking to further their expertise within a supportive community of fellow nature writers.
This guided workshop includes four live, online sessions in which you will:
- Complete short warm-up exercises to develop your writing skills in class.
- Work on assignments between classes and share your work with classmates.
- Give and receive constructive critiques that will strengthen your skill as a writer.
- Hear a variety of voices, styles, and techniques as you continue to develop your own style.
- Ask your questions, take risks, and explore in this fun and supportive, small-group environment.
The same qualities of good writing apply to everything from blogs to books. No matter your background or interest, join us, and become the writer you always dreamed you could be!
How Online Learning Works:
- When you enroll in the course, you will be emailed instructions for accessing Treelearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Unless otherwise noted, you will have access to the course for 60 days from the course start date.
- Log into treeLearning.mortonarb.org to access the discussion board and other class materials.
- Your class includes live online sessions with your instructor. These sessions will take place on Zoom and you will be provided a link to join.
- Automatically generated captions will be displayed during live sessions on Zoom.