Find out how to care for the trees in your home landscape. Just like shrubs and perennials, trees need attention and care throughout the year. This no-nonsense class covers the essential knowledge every homeowner should have about their trees.
Here’s what you will learn:
- Get best practices for watering, feeding, mulching, and pruning;
- Learn how to avoid problems with pests, diseases, and more;
- Find out what signs to look for so you can treat problems in time.
Planning to plant a new tree? You’ll find out
- How to pick out the best tree at the nursery;
- How to choose the right kind of tree for your landscape;
- Considerations for choosing the best location for a new planting;
- Proper planting techniques.
You have two registration options:
- Attend just the online Zoom session (Section B) on Thursday, April 21.
- Or, attend the live Zoom session on Thursday AND join your instructor for an in-person tour on Saturday, April 23 (Section A). This tour will visit the Arboretum’s Gateway to Tree Science. Walk along a wood-chipped path to see good tree care in action, and learn what happens when things go wrong. Get the knowledge you need to keep your trees looking good and living a long, healthy life.
How do I access the online program?
- A link to join the program will be included in the Order Summary email you receive after registering. Keep this email handy!
- Click on the link at the scheduled date and time.
COVID-19 Precautions: Program participants must abide by the Arboretum’s safety guidelines.